Dahabiya Dream Nile Cruise
Dahabiya ‘Dream’ is the name of our traditional Nile cruise boat and Explore travel and Cruises want you to have the holiday of a lifetime by experiencing the magic of Egypt in a special and memorable way.
During the 19th Century, gentry visitors travelled the Nile on luxurious private yachts known as Dahabiyas. These boats are beautifully crafted wooden sailing ships and allow you to experience the Nile in a nostalgic way. To be called a genuine Dahabiya the boat must have no engine and so sailing on Dream is peaceful and vibration free and is truly a unique river cruise experience.
Our company owned and family run Dahabiya ‘Dream’ has been hand crafted to create an authentic sail boat as used by travellers and explorers discovering the wonders and mysteries of the Nile.
This Luxury Dahabiya Dream Nile cruise itinerary combines historical and mystical sightseeing with the peace and tranquillity of a Nile cruise as you dreamt it should be. You will visit all the famous sites including the Valley of Kings and Karnak Temple as well as others not on the main tourist map such as El Kab and some of the remote beautiful islands along the Nile.
With all your meals and soft drinks, tea and coffee included we want you to relax and enjoy the experience as you make your own journey of discovery on this truly luxury Nile cruise.
To book call us on 0845 845 3536 – 01252 641 989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dahabiya Dream Luxury Nile Cruises Highlights
• Experienced, Degree qualified, English speaking Egyptologist guide on Dahabiya Dream, exclusive to Explore Travel and Cruises customers.
• Sightseeing as detailed, including entrance fees.
• 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 7 dinners.
• Water, soft drinks, tea and coffee are also included on the cruise. Alcohol is available to purchase onboard.
• Private air-conditioned vehicles private to Explore Travel and Cruises clients.
• International Airfare
• Authentic sailing No engine aboard Dahabiya Dream
• The a ability to moor and access sightseeing and islands that are inaccessible to the bigger cruise ships
• small group guaranteed (12 people MAX.)
• Private Services
For full details please see table after the itinerary.
7 Nights 8 days Dahabiya Dream Luxury Nile Cruise detailed Itinerary
Day 1 Monday Cruise Arrival to Luxor
At your flight arrival time in Luxor you will be collected from Luxor airport and transferred by private air-conditioned bus to check onto Dahabiya Dream. Overnight on board
Day 2 Tuesday Luxor – Esna – El Kab
In the morning start your Sailing experience and enjoying the beautiful sights and scenes of the Nile. Relax on the upper deck and take your time to think, read, sunbath as you sail towards the Esna Lock and on to visit El Kab which was one of the first cities in Egypt and parts of the imposing walls are still to be seen. Overnight on board
Day 3 Wednesday Edfu – Kom Ombo
Enjoy breakfast and the views as you sail onto Edfu where you will visit the beautifully preserved temple dedicated to Horus dating back to 200BC. After your visit, return to “Dream” and sail Sail past Gebel el Silsila where the sandstone for the temples of Southern Egypt was quarried. The great Stele of Akhenaten came from here and it is thought that 3000 labourers produced the quarried stone that built the Ramesseum. Sail on towards Kom Ombo stopping overnight at a quiet island location.
Day 4 Thursday Kom Ombo to Aswan
Today we sail onto visit the temple dedicated to the Gods Haroreris and Sobek, the crocodile god. Then we will continue to sail to Aswan. Upon arrival enjoy sailing on the Nile on Felucca boat around the Botanical garden and the mausoleum of the AGH KHAN. Overnight on board
Day 5 Friday Aswan sightseeing & Sailing to Esna
In morning there will be time if you want to visit Abu Simbel Temple (Optional Tour). Today you will also be going on a tour to visit the high Dam passing by the old dam of Aswan, then takes a motorboat to cross the Nile to visit one of the most beautiful temples in Egypt ISIS temple built on the Philea Island. Enjoy your lunch while we sail back to Esna.
Day 6 Saturday Sailing Esna to Luxor
Enjoy a relaxing day sailing back to Luxor. On arrival in the afternoon will be taken to visit the largest temple in Egypt,the magnificent Karnak temple.The complex is a vast open-air museum and the largest ancient religious site in the world. You will then go onto Luxor temple which was dedicated to the Theban triad of Amun, Mut, and Chons and was built during the New Kingdom. Overnight on board
Day 7 Sunday Luxor West bank sightseeing
After breakfast, you will visit the west bank of Luxor, including a special visit to the house of Howard Carter and the newly opened replica of Tutankhamun’s tomb which has been painstakingly reproduced to protect the original, at risk of damage from increased humidity levels caused by visitors.You will also visit the Valley of the Kings, Queen Hatshepsut Temple and stop at the Colossi of Memnon. Once you finish head back to Dream to enjoy your lunch. Overnight on board
Day 8 Monday End of your Adventure trip
After breakfast, you will be transferred to Luxor airport to take your flight back home.
Good to Know
• Direct international flight from London to Luxor.
• Only Organic Egyptian Food served on Dahabiya Dream.
• There is No Engine on Dahabiya Dream.
• You can add on Red Sea stay, Nasser Lake Cruise, Cairo Pyramids or Petra please contact us for more details
• For a Royal suite cabin with private balcony there is a £250 supplement per person.
• No Single Supplement charged on Dahabiya Dream bookings
• There is opportunity to charter our Dahabiya ‘Dream’ for your own private use to explore the Nile or to celebrate that special occasion with family and friends and to bring your own dreams to life in a truly unique way please contact us for more details and prices.
• We do not take children under 10 years of age unless with a whole boat charter.
• Children over 10 are charged at full adult rate.
• Part of our Dahabiya Dream profit goes to support local community projects.
• Please read the full terms and conditions
Dahabiya Dream itinerary details
The order of the itineraries maybe amended as a result of low-water levels, adverse weather conditions, lock closure or other unforeseen circumstances.
There is an accompanying tender boat at all times.
Please note this itinerary is subject to change to give the best sailing times for your enjoyment of the Nile.
Please ensure you have travel and cancellation insurance in place valid for your trip and passports must be valid for 6 months after your travel date.
Based on two people sharing. Subject to availability. Terms and conditions apply and any new offer is only available for new bookings, selected departures, subject to availability and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Prices are on a per-person basis.
Dahabiya Dream Features and Facilities
• Two Royal Suites (The Howard Carter and Amelia Edwards) both with its own private balcony and king beds 28m2
• 4 Luxury Cabins (Giovanni Belzoni, Jean Francois Champollion, William Flinders Petrie and Auguste Mariette) with twin or double beds 22.5m2.
• Each cabin has an en-suite bathroom with shower and hairdryer, bathrobes and slippers.
• Each cabin has its own Nile View
• Safety deposit boxes in every cabin
• Air-conditioned throughout with individual cabin control.
• Reception area
• Shaded upper deck with sun deck area
Dahabiya Dream Safety and Security features
• Full fire and safety features including emergency lighting, smoke detectors and sprinkler system throughout the boat.
• Emergency first aid kit on board and 24 hour doctor on call.
• Full 24 service, crew and management on board.
• Advanced water purification system including UV treatment light and a triple filtering system.
Dahabiya Dream Technical Data
• Construction Date: Oct 2010
• Length: 40 metres
• Width: 7 metres
• 2 Sails
• 2 main generators for electricity supply
• Electricity 220v/50Hz